General HIFI > Room Treatments & Tweaks

bass traps for corners

(1/9) > >>

tuyen:
Hi all,

I'm looking corner bass traps of some sort to fit around the 4 corners of my room.   What do you guys recommend or use?

Cheers,
Tuyen

vitavoxdude:
G'day Mr. T  ;D

Chez Willow uses some rockwool cut into triangles and stacked floor to ceiling in each corner and this definately helps with the boom boom.

Lot's of data out there on hermoltz resonator panels and some interesting stuff from the BBC London research department.

Carefull you don't kill off the room altogether by over treating it as it robs the music of vitality IMV.

tuyen:
Hi V,

Cheers for the reply.  I need to try me some of that!  I'm getting room boom on heavy tracks when listening at high spls.   I'm pretty sure it is room boom, but maybe it is insufficient power to the woofers adding to the effect?    Will wait to see how Dave's 50watter bakoons go on the system?

Davey Willo:
Hi Tuyen

Hopefully see you Saturday with the amps, I could probably bring a half a dozen or more 1200x600x50 slabs of rockwool (untreated so will leave a bit of fluff to be vacuumed up later) to temporarily stand in your corners if you want, very temporary, very ugly and a bit messy but hey a cheap and cheerful way of seeing if they have any effect on your room issues.

I'm still hoping to bring V along too if he's up for it.. Steve??

treblid:
The bass traps I'm using were  from Flemo and they are quite effective.. Check with him what he uses.. I think he used Ultratels or Bradford or something but been years and I can't remember.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version