Author Topic: DDDAC 1794-NOS 24-192  (Read 416850 times)

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
Re: DDDAC 1794-NOS 24-192
« Reply #420 on: August 04, 2017, 11:52:32 PM »
Like all great DACs, its really depends on the system, the type of music you play, the quality of the CD, Your own prejudices, it is often so CD dependant.  Never ends.  There is often no best with the top contenders, and even then, ten people with 4 different winners.

Offline rhlauranna

• Liked: 198
« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2019, 10:53:43 PM »
some days ago I happened to stumble upon a japanese site with some more information and pixes about Mr. Katou's Goto-system and DDDAC...

and I thought it might be of interest for those who want to see some more of the system, technical specs and the real size of the construction in total which I did not manage to ban on my pixes at the time...

and here is where you get your real bass without boom boom, a bass in sound which is just not annoying, a bass where the ladies contrarily say: hey, crank it up... (and not down)

source: http://www.dddac.com/dddac1794_test_specs.html

well, I mentioned already, to be able to hear and listen to "such" a bass, there must be a source like from this DDDAC to be able to generate 20 cycles and above - like this (my beloved squares) -  a n d  one must be able to "transport" this without alteration through the whole hifi-chain... these are the two basic octaves which define the sound as a whole, even highest highs.. a natural voice goes down till 40 cycles...

well, here is the link:

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/otoyume/home/index.html

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/otoyume/home/sisetsu.html

and finally a picture of Mr. Katou and Mr. Goto...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 02:16:17 AM by rhlauranna »

Offline rhlauranna

« Reply #422 on: March 26, 2019, 01:48:05 AM »
well, from what I just see on a japanese site

http://audio-lab-tnk2.sakura.ne.jp/page009.html

a picture of my own system, the right speaker side - with same starting point in line for all drivers - without the prolonging opening mouth of my straight 50 cycle bass horn below - has made it onto the site of Shinichi Tanaka after he had visited me...

and for those who might be interested in the ongoing developing in the hifi system and recording/playback facilities in DSD for Shinichi himself the whole process nowadays is documented here:

http://audio-lab-tnk2.sakura.ne.jp/page005.html

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:30:07 PM by rhlauranna »

Offline rhlauranna

« Reply #423 on: February 20, 2020, 04:21:27 AM »
oh I see, all the pictures are gone.... what a pity! perhaps I can reconstruct the one or other, but this will take quite some time...

for the moment, to bring back to memory what it is all about here a picture from 2012 when Shinichi Tanaka from Goto Society had visited us and didn't leave the focus for more than an hour or so...

on the other hand I had a visit from Japan, form Kasonobu Kobayashi... you might remember the guy with the one (running) of three world wide known owners of Euronor/Siemens/Klangfilm (all originals). he visited Germany last year and some highest end systems...

meanwhile has published an article of some german systems (Klangfilm and Goto, and Klaus's and mine) in Stereo Sound 2020, Tube & Analog, Nr. 95, pages 173-182

unfortunately I am not allowed to put copies and/or pictures on the net... and unfortunately the whole text is in japanes... so even I do not understand a single word...

but Kasanobu has announed that he will make a translation into english for us when he has got time...

if that is o.k., then when I will have gotten it I surely will put in on here...

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 03:37:49 AM by rhlauranna »

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #424 on: February 23, 2020, 06:40:35 PM »
oh I see, all the pictures are gone.... what a pity! perhaps I can reconstruct the one or other, but this will take quite some time...

for the moment, to bring back to memory what it is all about here a picture from 2012 when Shinichi Tanaka from Goto Society had visited us and didn't leave the focus for more than an hour or so...

on the other hand I had a visit from Japan, form Kasonobu Kobayashi... you might remember the guy with the one (running) of three world wide known owners of Euronor/Siemens/Klangfilm (all originals). he visited Germany last year and some highest end systems...

meanwhile has published an article of some german systems (Klangfilm and Goto, and Klaus's and mine) in Stereo Sound 2010, Tube & Analog, Nr. 95, pages 173-182

unfortunately I am not allowed to put copies and/or pictures on the net... and unfortunately the whole text is in japanes... so even I do not understand a single word...

but Kasanobu has announed that he will make a translation into english for us when he has got time...

if that is o.k., then when I will have gotten it I surely will put in on here...
WoW i almost forgot. amazing.