Author Topic: ZenDAC in simultaneous mode  (Read 5854 times)

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
ZenDAC in simultaneous mode
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:07:34 PM »
One of my jobs ATM is to set up a USB streamer / FIFO buffer that is interfaced to a 1541 DAC (Killer) run in simultaneous mode.

So I have rebuilt / resurrected the ZenDAC which had been used as a parts donor and modded it for simultaneous mode operation.

I'm interested to see how it sounds.

T

Offline Rob181

• Liked: 14
  • Trust Your Instincts
Re: ZenDAC in simultaneous mode
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:34:00 PM »
And how does it sound...

Offline zenelectro

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 02:01:24 AM »
And how does it sound...

Just got back from Vietnam and Cambodia.

Haven't had a chance to get the USB -> I2S (simultaneous) board running. Will get to it shortly.

T

Offline rab

• Administrator
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 02:56:59 PM »
Incidentally, pixelplay and I bought Ian's FIFO kits and Pedja Rogic's AYA II boards with SDM when they were available a while back, but life was too busy and we just stored them away.

Pixelplay finally connected his up recently. It sounds really great, but - as is often the case - in stock form it leans towards resolution rather than body and the breath of life. I am sure with some tuning it can sound absolutely amazing, but at the moment he prefers his killerdac.

- r

Offline zenelectro

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
Incidentally, pixelplay and I bought Ian's FIFO kits and Pedja Rogic's AYA II boards with SDM when they were available a while back, but life was too busy and we just stored them away.

Pixelplay finally connected his up recently. It sounds really great, but - as is often the case - in stock form it leans towards resolution rather than body and the breath of life. I am sure with some tuning it can sound absolutely amazing, but at the moment he prefers his killerdac.

- r

I will also be playing with Pedja's board, just the USB->I2S SDM (not DAC).

T