General HIFI > Other DACs

CD player upgrades

(1/7) > >>

vitavoxdude:
 ;D ;D ;D Well I have been playing around with an old CD player of mine, one of many.  It has four TDA1541's for those who are in the know.  Having replaced 26 caps on the  main board with Silmic 2's a few Solens and Elna cerafines it made a nice difference, more musical with less smear, check out all those bypass caps (orange drops).  As Terry has gone into hiding and Mario sold MY ZEN CLOCK to someone else I have bought the Rubidium precision crystal to implement where the Zen clock should have been.  Just look at the difference in size of the original crystal and its replacement, certainly greater than 100 x the size don't you think!

The power supply needs to be able to deliver > 1.5amps at start up for its twin oven stabilistion so its included in the picture, a seperate sealed transformer feeds the regulator board.  To keep the crystal lead short I am mounting it to the base of the player so they will be less than 20mm away, in the original design they are around10mm from the chip.  I will also try battery powering it but it requires 15 to 18 volts which is doable with a 12 and 6 volt batteries or possobly a truck 24 volter and a power reg, hmmm, will have to play to see which works best.

The DAC stage is seperate in case you were trying to locate the 4 TDA's, they are on another board not included in the picture.  Has anyone else one of these fine old players from the eighties? 8)
V ;)

ozcal:
EMMM , where are the pics Mr V?

vitavoxdude:
Hi Mr. G ;D

Well currently flumoxed as to why they won't attach, image size is now <256K hmmmmmm, errrrrr, doh!
I have posted twice with image but its not coming up, grrrrr.
V

crazikid:
jesus christ,, now thats a clock. :P

not sure what happened to the zen clock.. :'(

vitavoxdude:
Steve M has it.....................................doh!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version