General HIFI > Room Treatments & Tweaks

Room measurements - done!

(1/2) > >>

flemo:
Okay folks, well I have had my room measured and here's the results:

"Analysis of cumulative spectrum decay plots was performed with time domain slice and amplitude scaling to reveal primary room mode resonances.

Calculation of raw room modes was performed to derive basic room mode data and this was compared with the initial listening tests, and the cumulative spectral decay analysis.

There is an impression of LF bloom in the room and this was previously estimated to be dominant in the region of 60Hz.

Room mode calculations suggest likely modal resonances to be as follows:
Dominant primary mode = tangential at 56.6 Hz
Secondary mode = axial at 44 Hz
Note: Raw mode calculations assume an empty room, so the actual room response will be affected by furniture and surface treatments.

Cumulative spectral decay (waterfall plot) analysis shows the following as measured at the listening position:
Dominant primary mode = at 57.5 Hz
Secondary = at 61 Hz
Tertiary = 43 Hz

Additional resonances are noted around 205 Hz and 272 Hz which are likely to be functions of surface reflections and/or cavity resonances in portions of the oddly shaped room.

There is a good correlation between perceived sound, the calculated modal resonances and the measured data."

All this means very little to me but I am just waiting for my acoustic absorbers to be purpose designed and then I can build them.

I do have the waterfall plots but don't have a effing clue how to attach them to the thread!  I can email them and maybe somebody else can upload them.  ???

cheers, Pete.

kajak12:
email me flemo

kajak12:

Figure 1.  listening position primary resonance 57.5 Hz
Band limited 20 Hz - 2000Hz
Time slices to 300 ms.

Figure 2 - view 1.
listening position secondary resonance 61 Hz
Band limited 20 Hz - 2000Hz
Time slices to 300 ms.

kajak12: