Author Topic: Audyn True Copper Capacitors  (Read 31520 times)

tuyen

Audyn True Copper Capacitors
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »
Was recommended these caps by an overseas tweaker friend.  Relatively well priced.  Seems to get close to same rating as duelunf cu vsf  on the Humble Homemade Hifi cap test (purely subjective of course)..    might try a pair of 2.2uF  as output caps..

https://www.intertechnik.com/Shop/Cross-over-parts/Capacitors/Audyn-True-Copper-Cap/1768,en,6559

Intertechnik Audyn True Copper Cap MKP 630VDC – 2% tolerance

Specifications according to manufacturer: "High-quality polypropylene capacitor for audiophile applications. Electrode: copper foil; Tritec end leads; induction free winding technique; self-healing design; encapsulation: epoxy resin; connections: 7x0,50mm Tritec wires; capacitance values from 0,10 uF to 2,20 uF; nominal voltage: 630 VDC; C-tolerance: ± 2%; temperature range: -25C to +70C; insulation resistance 30000/CMohm; uF) IEC60384-1, EN130000; Tang: less than 0,0002 at 1 kHz 25C".

Sound: The Audyn True Copper Cap is quite spatial with lots of air around the individual instruments. Very nice and coherent sounding with rich natural harmonics, all in all rather musical. Woodwind instruments come across with natural ease and brass instruments sound bright and warm at the same time - very convincing. The Audyn True Copper Cap has a perfect balance between warmth and detail. The amount of detail and spatial information lets you hear the acoustics of the recording venue well, placing an orchestra correctly about the stage (recording quality permitting of course). Very nice indeed and one of my personal favourites!

Verdict: 12-

Offline data

• Liked: 24
Re: Audyn True Copper Capacitors
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »
They do look very promising, don't they.

I was looking at them when shopping for caps, but went with the Alexandra caps instead.

Looking forward to how you find them regarding sound  8)

Offline mcb

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
Tuyen,

Interesting find.  I look forward to seeing your comments in due course.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »
Tuyen,

If you would like the best send me a pm i have 1 pair of duelunds for your kdac
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline data

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 04:38:22 AM »
Hmm...If I remember correct, when I was looking at caps these Copper Audyn caps they were cheaper than they are now as that was one of the benefits I was considering when it came down to these of the Duelund Alexandra caps.

Seems that when they changed over to the different look the pricing went up! They are now 80 euro each for 2.2uf

Offline data

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 04:40:50 AM »
Tuyen,

LOL

Mario to the rescue!
 8)

tuyen

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »
Hmm...If I remember correct, when I was looking at caps these Copper Audyn caps they were cheaper than they are now as that was one of the benefits I was considering when it came down to these of the Duelund Alexandra caps.

Seems that when they changed over to the different look the pricing went up! They are now 80 euro each for 2.2uf

they seem to have gone nearly double in price now. this site still has some stock at previous price. no stock of 2.2uf. luckily do still have a few 1uf and 1.2uf which are what i'm after!

http://www.audiophonics.fr/audyn-cap-capacitors-audyn-true-copper-c-51_358_470.html

Offline mcb

• Liked: 6
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 02:31:53 PM »

Thanks Mario, as I mentioned in my email, a pair of Duelunds is on my to do list  :D

Offline data

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 03:51:04 AM »

they seem to have gone nearly double in price now. this site still has some stock at previous price. no stock of 2.2uf. luckily do still have a few 1uf and 1.2uf which are what i'm after!

http://www.audiophonics.fr/audyn-cap-capacitors-audyn-true-copper-c-51_358_470.html
Good find, I haven't come across that site when I was looking.

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 02:06:55 PM »

Hi Tuyen,

Did you end up getting the caps? May I know your opinion on them please?

Thanks,
William
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline Tuyen

• Liked: 221
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »
Hi William,

Nah, I didn't mate.   I friend has a couple of pairs scattered around in his system and did bring improvements.  They do have a typical copper sound (full & rich).  Not as refined and natural as duelunds vsf/casts.     But didn't give it a fair go, as it only had a few hours on it.   Might of improved a bit now since they would of had few hundred hours  on them.    But he's ended up putting Duelund Alexanders in the spot we did the rough test, so don't think he'll ever bother to put them back to confirm.

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 06:44:17 PM »
Thanks Tuyen :)
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline Chanh

• Liked: 9
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 11:36:58 PM »
Hi William,

Nah, I didn't mate.   I friend has a couple of pairs scattered around in his system and did bring improvements.  They do have a typical copper sound (full & rich).  Not as refined and natural as duelunds vsf/casts.     But didn't give it a fair go, as it only had a few hours on it.   Might of improved a bit now since they would of had few hundred hours  on them.    But he's ended up putting Duelund Alexanders in the spot we did the rough test, so don't think he'll ever bother to put them back to confirm.
Hey Tuyen, I did put back the Audyn 2.2uf back into Bob Carver while coupling caps were replaced by Duelund Alexander 0.22uf. I found Duelund Alexander cleared out another veil to the sound, hence they are stayed since. I still have 2xAudyn 0.22uf if you interest to try out?

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 11:59:16 PM »
Hey Tuyen, I did put back the Audyn 2.2uf back into Bob Carver while coupling caps were replaced by Duelund Alexander 0.22uf. I found Duelund Alexander cleared out another veil to the sound, hence they are stayed since. I still have 2xAudyn 0.22uf if you interest to try out?
Chanh? who are you? Get a life collect gold fish or postage stamps
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 09:14:25 AM »
LOL mario

Yes please Chanh.  let me try the 0.22uf audyn in my tooob amp.     I am using audionote copper mylar 0.22uf at the moment.

Offline Chanh

• Liked: 9
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 04:43:01 PM »
Chanh? who are you? Get a life collect gold fish or postage stamps
haha... Ya buddy here! Grasshopper! LoL!

Offline stevenvalve

• Administrator
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »
Was recommended these caps by an overseas tweaker friend.  Relatively well priced.  Seems to get close to same rating as duelunf cu vsf  on the Humble Homemade Hifi cap test (purely subjective of course)..    might try a pair of 2.2uF  as output caps..

https://www.intertechnik.com/Shop/Cross-over-parts/Capacitors/Audyn-True-Copper-Cap/1768,en,6559

Intertechnik Audyn True Copper Cap MKP 630VDC – 2% tolerance

Specifications according to manufacturer: "High-quality polypropylene capacitor for audiophile applications. Electrode: copper foil; Tritec end leads; induction free winding technique; self-healing design; encapsulation: epoxy resin; connections: 7x0,50mm Tritec wires; capacitance values from 0,10 uF to 2,20 uF; nominal voltage: 630 VDC; C-tolerance: ± 2%; temperature range: -25C to +70C; insulation resistance 30000/CMohm; uF) IEC60384-1, EN130000; Tang: less than 0,0002 at 1 kHz 25C".

Sound: The Audyn True Copper Cap is quite spatial with lots of air around the individual instruments. Very nice and coherent sounding with rich natural harmonics, all in all rather musical. Woodwind instruments come across with natural ease and brass instruments sound bright and warm at the same time - very convincing. The Audyn True Copper Cap has a perfect balance between warmth and detail. The amount of detail and spatial information lets you hear the acoustics of the recording venue well, placing an orchestra correctly about the stage (recording quality permitting of course). Very nice indeed and one of my personal favourites!

Verdict: 12-

They look good, I would not mind trying them. Sick of the stupid Duelund club price tag.

Offline omodo

• Liked: 104
  • Green tinted glow
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 06:15:24 PM »
any thoughts on the Rike Audio S-cap? they may have potential

http://www.hificollective.co.uk/components/rike_scap.html

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 12:43:29 AM »
Been listening to a pair of 0.22uf Audyn True Copper caps in my el cheapo 300B Get*SET*Go  DIY amp.  I was running a pair of 0.22uf AudioNote Copper Mylar before.  The Audyns seem to sound a little richer but maybe a little dry.  The AudioNotes being a little lighter and possibly more fluid.      I'll be a bit more confident with my assessment when I swap back to the AudioNotes  in a couple of days.   Will report back then.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:15:09 AM by Tuyen »

Offline Tuyen

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 07:36:47 AM »
After listening to them for a few days, then putting back the audionotes, can't say I'm a big fan of the Audyns. Tonally full and rich, but not refined/delicate (enough for me).  The audionotes do seem a little more cleaner, clearer and 'lighter' in presentation, but I still prefer it over the Audyn. As I can help adjust the tonal balance using the volume knobs on the amps as I am tri-amping.

Sonic refinement and 'delicate-ness' is something that I find my baby ears are very sensitive to :)   Sort of hard to find the right balance though. Too refined and the life/energy/raw-ness of the music suffers.  While if too 'unrefined', will certainly cause me premature listening fatigue (unless played at lower volumes, which is less fun).

Tough life being an audiophile!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:50:25 AM by Tuyen »