Author Topic: Abbasaudio clock1 - Low jitter tube clock for CD  (Read 12504 times)

tuyen

Abbasaudio clock1 - Low jitter tube clock for CD
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Low-jitter-tube-clock-CD-upgrade-E180f-11-2896mhz-/360471193136?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item53edc1e630#ht_7860wt_1026

Until you connect the tube clock you do not know as CD may sound!

Compared with the widespread solid state clocks sound of tube clock softer and more natural.Digital roughness and importunity of overtones are disappears,no longer emphasize the hissing consonants and the violins acquire a natural melodiousness, getting rid of the roughness that is characteristic for even very expensive digital sound channels.Vacuum clock has a soft,smooth,sculpturesque,musical sound, without the slightest signs of sharpness and graininess which is typical to silicon.Timbres of instruments become more natural, sound production is more clear and definite.Instruments can be more clearly defined .Tube clock increases transparency and clarity of CD player sound. The ability of the device to reproduce of fine shades and singularities of playing manner of musician also improves.Try this incredible, fantastic device, and you'll be shocked at the result!

Who's going to be the first to give it a go?   Maybe it will sound as good as R2R?  ;D

Offline vitavoxdude

• Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
  • Liked: 71
  • Caring and sharing
Re: Abbasaudio clock1 - Low jitter tube clock for CD
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »
Hi Mr T.  ;)
Sound as good as R2R?????????
You cannot expect a Vv based clock to magic information out of a Vv, it's either there (as in the original master recording) or not as the case of bleached out lossy CD.  I can imagine this setup rolling off more than just the highs, sort of the Jazz setting!  Look at that 40 cent crystal, you can't be serious. ???
V :o
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

tuyen

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
ha ha.   was definitely not being serious :)

But like many things hi-fi, you just never know!

Offline gamve

• Liked: 219
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 04:12:12 PM »
Maybe it will sound as good as R2R? 

Good one Tyen. Tounge in cheek I'm Sure

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Mr T.
V
We all like different things so lets all agree to disagree and if any common ground is found then worship it.  Mine is the KD hence being present on this forum.

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 01:49:11 AM »
Tuyen the crystal used is what i take out to begin cd94,cd50 etc as for tube power supply for the clock hmm i will chat with zenelectro
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 02:16:25 AM »
Tuyen the crystal used is what i take out to begin cd94,cd50 etc as for tube power supply for the clock hmm i will chat with zenelectro

The crystals in zenclock are no $10 part, they are custom made to order (batch being made now) and expensive.
They give me full data check for every one.

Having said that, the power supply is -very- important and has major impact on sound.
I can make a tube supply but I think the clock will be a) probably worse b) more expensive.

The big issue with all these clocks is resolution versus musicality. It seems very hard to get both.
Most of the super low jitter clocks seem to give up some musicality.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »

The crystals in zenclock are no $10 part, they are custom made to order (batch being made now) and expensive.
They give me full data check for every one.

Having said that, the power supply is -very- important and has major impact on sound.
I can make a tube supply but I think the clock will be a) probably worse b) more expensive.

The big issue with all these clocks is resolution versus musicality. It seems very hard to get both.
Most of the super low jitter clocks seem to give up some musicality.

later down the track i might try tube power supply
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 08:39:55 PM »
(batch being made now)
:D yes please.  8)
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline vitavoxdude

• Caring and sharing
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 10:51:14 PM »
Phase noise through voltage regulators using feedback - anyone?  ;D
Class A power supplies do not have feedback so produce less.  Is this one of the black art secrets to a good sounding clock implementation?
Quite clearly the Zen clock transcends the el cheapo nasty 40 cent crystals fitted by the manufacturer and then some, apparently battery supplies are noisy according to some, whats the views here at the killer dac forum, Terry?????  Danny????  :-* :-*
V

Offline kajak12

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »
Class A power supplies do not have feedback so produce less.  Is this one of the black art secrets to a good sounding clock implementation?
Quite clearly the Zen clock transcends the el cheapo nasty 40 cent crystals fitted by the manufacturer and then some, apparently battery supplies are noisy according to some, whats the views here at the killer dac forum, Terry?????  Danny????  :-* :-*
V
Yes many claim batteries are noisy yet i haven't had any techs send me a power supply to beat my car battery from super cheap auto's,i guess must be the right type of noise (distortion)

Offline zenelectro

• Liked: 177
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 06:31:52 PM »
Phase noise is jitter specified at various frequencies away from the fundamental (carrier) in dBc.
The power supply will have an effect, but it depends on the frequency.
The most important factor is the quality of the crystal itself.
Class A power supplies do not have feedback so produce less. 
Class A has nothing to do with feedback, it means the active device(s) are conducting all the time and not switching off.
All linear power supplies are class A.
Is this one of the black art secrets to a good sounding clock implementation?
Haha - there are quite a few secrets, and at this stage they will remain that :)
V
Zenclock has discrete regulator after battery. The noise of these regulators would a lot less than the battery
itself. They are super low noise. The design of the regulator has an effect on the sound, I don't completely
understand what the reason is I just know certain reg designs sound better for clocks.

FWIW There are more clocks coming very soon. They are being made right now.

Z