General HIFI > Transports

The role of a transport

(1/11) > >>

3bm:
placeholder for a stick on the role of a transport in your audio system. any information please add.

kajak12:
it is the start of the digital chain it will make or break the system.

Drizt:
As longs as it can serve up the 'bits' to the DAC accurately and the DAC can accurately clock the samples, then the transport 'should' have no impact on the sound quality.  I have read scientific studies that state that 250ms is the threshold of audibility with regards to jitter.  Considering something like a humble SB3 has a 3rd party confirmed jitter measurement of 80ps on the coax digital out would suggest that in most circumstances jitter is irrelevant.  I'm happy to read any rebuttals to this that have some scientific research behind it like blind testing results etc.  Anyone have any ?

3bm:
Hi mate. should have one in melbourne soon so if you wanted to check it out let me know.

kajak12:

--- Quote from: Drizt on September 16, 2010, 11:11:15 PM ---As longs as it can serve up the 'bits' to the DAC accurately and the DAC can accurately clock the samples, then the transport 'should' have no impact on the sound quality.  I have read scientific studies that state that 250ms is the threshold of audibility with regards to jitter.  Considering something like a humble SB3 has a 3rd party confirmed jitter measurement of 80ps on the coax digital out would suggest that in most circumstances jitter is irrelevant.  I'm happy to read any rebuttals to this that have some scientific research behind it like blind testing results etc.  Anyone have any ?

--- End quote ---
no blind tests just sighted tests and a lot of them from a lot of members here and other forums

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version