Author Topic: new killer transport in planing  (Read 12815 times)

Offline kajak12

• Liked: 78
    • http://killerdac.com/forum/index.php
new killer transport in planing
« on: September 13, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
due to the fact that cd94 and other transports with the same audio quality are getting harder to get day by day.
a new killer transport is in the planing, futher developments will be happening as the days go by.
cdpro2 mechanism will be used.it will have a custom power supply made.
i2s connection will be standard and it will be tuned to the killer dac.
we have no idea  how long it will take to get the killer transport to audio quality of a cd94(minimum specs to name it killer)
i am willing to play around with it until its done as will others.

still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

3bm

Re: new killer transport in planing
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »
Sounds awesome. There is some interesting transport concepts out there, will be great to see what emerges

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 01:04:27 AM »
due to the fact that cd94 and other transports with the same audio quality are getting harder to get day by day.
a new killer transport is in the planing, futher developments will be happening as the days go by.
we have no idea  how long it will take to get the killer transport to audio quality of a cd94(minimum specs to name it killer)

I heard from Danny that you'll collaborate with him to build CD94 from the scratch?
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline ozmillsy

• Liked: 277
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 08:41:46 AM »
Cant wait to see this project unfold !
It's all about the music,, not the equipment.

Offline flemo

• Liked: 22
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 12:50:15 PM »
Now your talking Mario, that's the sh*t we're interested in!

A DIY killer transport, brilliant!

Offline ozcal

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 01:16:25 PM »
Now your talking Mario, that's the sh*t we're interested in!

A DIY killer transport, brilliant!
Here is one of the kits I looked at :
http://shop2.hifidiy.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_21&products_id=84
Listening with my ears :)

crazikid

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »
very good idea..

Offline kajak12

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
new plans for power supply it will run on 12v car battery,all the voltages required are 5v and 9v.
it will be much better to use a car battery pure dc and less mains noise.
this transport will be focused on sound and not a commercial product to feed the general public.
convenience is the last factor i personally care about when it come to maximum performence.
anyone can get a kit and start playing around.
aim is to make it sound great and not break the bank like a highend transport.
a lot of examples on the net if you google.
http://www.audiocdpro.com/actualites/audiocdpro-is-online.html
still discovering the link between electronics and audio reproduction.so much to learn and so little time

Offline kajak12

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »

I heard from Danny that you'll collaborate with him to build CD94 from the scratch?
more like putting one together from all the parts i collected.i have all the bits to put together a cd94mk2 and make it a killer transport.
i had ideas with danny about using a hard drive and feed it the the digital board of the cd94 so we use the good old chips.

Offline ozcal

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 07:52:53 PM »
new plans for power supply it will run on 12v car battery,all the voltages required are 5v and 9v.
it will be much better to use a car battery pure dc and less mains noise.
this transport will be focused on sound and not a commercial product to feed the general public.
convenience is the last factor i personally care about when it come to maximum performence.
anyone can get a kit and start playing around.
aim is to make it sound great and not break the bank like a highend transport.
a lot of examples on the net if you google.
http://www.audiocdpro.com/actualites/audiocdpro-is-online.html
I agree Mario , I pointed out the Kit just because I thought the case looked great and it would save time and provide a robust end product.I wonder if you could purchase without the psu and output board , so just case and user interface.
Gordon

Offline kajak12

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 08:39:51 PM »
Thought you guys might like this .
http://www.human-audio.com/humanaudioeng_libretto.html

Have you thought about a group buy for the Pro2 .

Scott might be able to get the Pro2 ,he was able in the past .Plus he could nail the battery supply and battery's don't guaranty low noise floor .

Serge from Audio Consulting could tell you what are the best battery's to use ,since his whole system from TT to panels run off of the mains .

Cheers
thanks oval56
i can nail the battery power supply myself its easy.i also trust the 12v car battery to do the job like it does in my clock.

Offline Jehuty

• Liked: 111
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 12:14:11 AM »

more like putting one together from all the parts i collected.i have all the bits to put together a cd94mk2 and make it a killer transport.
i had ideas with danny about using a hard drive and feed it the the digital board of the cd94 so we use the good old chips.

Very interesting project Mario, how about using SD card instead of hard drive due to less mechanical movement hence less noise too?
Not all that matters can be measured, not all that can be measured matters.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 12:28:04 AM »
sd cards are fidly pain in the butt,and the high density sound crap.its all a dream maybe one day a reality.
i should go to uni and learn more so i can play more,my knowledge is very limited with chips and how they talk to each other.
maybe be next life time.
danny is a clever bloke when it comes to digital he showed me a lot.that bloke is a master of the marantz cd players.

Offline mcb

• Liked: 6
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 09:03:49 AM »
sd cards are fidly pain in the butt,and the high density sound crap.its all a dream maybe one day a reality.
i should go to uni and learn more so i can play more,my knowledge is very limited with chips and how they talk to each other.
maybe be next life time.
danny is a clever bloke when it comes to digital he showed me a lot.that bloke is a master of the marantz cd players.

Being the owner of the Kajak12 SD Card player, I have to agree that cards are nowhere near as convenient as a cdp.  Particularly when you don't have a screen.  But, it is a great transport.

Good luck with your quest Mario.

Offline treblid

• Liked: 15
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »
Are you saying SD cards sound better than SDHC cards? The way they read data is different I think, and that (plus several spec changes) may be why.

maybe be next life time.
Uni is overrated.. You can probably self teach yourself? Wikipedia and google provide great resources (as well as links to even more stuffs). And you can keep your own notes on the way.

Offline kajak12

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 11:11:25 PM »
sd cards better than sdhd? yes yes yes

Drizt

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 12:04:41 AM »
kajak what aspects of the transport will you be focusing on?  How do you intend on differentiating your transport from a commercial offering?  Will you have any way other than sighted tests to confirm the successfulness of your transport with regards to sonic testing.  Thats not a dig on sighted testing.  I'm just curious as to the lengths you will be going to with this endeavor ?

Offline kajak12

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 12:25:45 AM »
kajak what aspects of the transport will you be focusing on?  How do you intend on differentiating your transport from a commercial offering?  Will you have any way other than sighted tests to confirm the successfulness of your transport with regards to sonic testing.  Thats not a dig on sighted testing.  I'm just curious as to the lengths you will be going to with this endeavor ?
1.aspects musicality
most commercial offerings which most people can't afford or a willing to spend dont do what my cd94 does.i am looking at providing a product that will compete with so called highend gear.
testing will be done by a big pannel of judges in their own enviorment under their control,(the general public)
it will not be mass produced only custom ordered.
its also a dream for me dritz and a goal in life just to see if i can do it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 12:55:13 AM by kajak12 »

Drizt

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 07:44:40 AM »
kajak what aspects of the transport will you be focusing on?  How do you intend on differentiating your transport from a commercial offering?  Will you have any way other than sighted tests to confirm the successfulness of your transport with regards to sonic testing.  Thats not a dig on sighted testing.  I'm just curious as to the lengths you will be going to with this endeavor ?
1.aspects musicality
most commercial offerings which most people can't afford or a willing to spend dont do what my cd94 does.i am looking at providing a product that will compete with so called highend gear.
testing will be done by a big pannel of judges in their own enviorment under their control,(the general public)
it will not be mass produced only custom ordered.
its also a dream for me dritz and a goal in life just to see if i can do it.

Thats a good honest answer mate.  I wish you well on achieving your goal.

Offline ozcal

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 05:59:30 PM »
Hey Aaron my transport has 4 output methods , 2 bnc and 2 rca.Haven't tried the bnc's yet but there is an audible difference between the two circuits that drive the rca out's.They each offer a different flavour.
The difference btween the new Audio-gd and my old Consonance (used only as a transport) was like moving from a good mid priced turntable to a high-end one.Same dac and interconnect in both cases.
Gordon